Waypoint is a waypoint manager that allows you to save and manage waypoints. Waypoints can be plotted on a map to access information about the waypoint or viewed in Google Maps to access directions, streetviews, or topographical map data if available.
Waypoint allows you to easily organize your location data by creating categories which specify the type of location data being stored. Three types of location data are supported, Waypoints, Routes, and Tracks. The type of location data choosen for each category will determine how the data is mapped and exported using the export to GPX feature.
Categories can be used to store your favorite fishing, boating, hunting, parking, or any other kind of location data you can think of.
Categories and Waypoints are all fully manageable: Create, Rename, Move waypoints between categories, and Delete.
Waypoint can also notify you when you are within a certain distance of your waypoint by enabling the Proximity Alert feature. With the proximity alert enabled you will receive a system notification indicating your are within the set proximity of your waypoint. This feature can be set in the Edit Notifications menu item.
Want to share your location with other friends or send your friends your Waypoints? Use the Share Location and Share Waypoint feature to easily email, SMS, Facebook, Twitter, etc. your locations to your friends. This feature is only available in Waypoint Pro.
*** Free Version is ad supported and allows 3 waypoints. Not all feature are available in the free version. If you would like access to all features, install the paid version Waypoint Pro ***
- Car Locator
- Fishing Locator
- Hunting Locator
- Map View
- Google Maps Directions/Integration
- Radar View
- Category Support and Management
- Waypoint Management
- Speedometer (mph, km/h, and knots)
- Proximity Alert
- Bearing between two locations
- Distance between two locations (feet, miles, meters, kilometers, and nautical miles)
- Coordinate Converter
- Latitude/Longitude (Degrees, Minutes, and Seconds format)
- Manually enter coordinates (Degrees, Minutes, and Seconds format)
- Set coordinates from map
- Displays total Route/Track distance
- Displays distance to next waypoint
- Displays distance to the selected waypoint
- Route tracker
- Track tracker
Upgrade to Waypoint Pro for the following additional features:
- No Ads
- Export Waypoints to GPX, KML, or CSV file formats for use in other GPS devices or Google Earth
- Share your current location via email, SMS, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Share your Waypoints via email, SMS, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Unlimited waypoints
- Landscape mode on main screen
- Import location data from GPX files
- Import location data from KML files
- Import location data from CSV files
- Backup Waypoint data
Accuracy depends on your GPS signal and your device. When locating a waypoint take the Accuracy of your current location into consideration.
Email dev with any issues before posting negative ratings.